- Have you been asked to obtain independent legal advice?
- Do you need to sign a document in front of a solicitor?
- Have you been asked to provide ‘certified’ copies of your ID?
- Do you need to have a document ‘sworn’?
You may be surprised how regularly the above comes about in your day to day life.
- You might be remortgaging your home and be told that the lender requires you to sign the mortgage deed in front of a solicitor, who then needs to produce a certificate that they have advised you of the liabilities under your mortgage before the mortgage company will release the mortgage money.
- You may be personally guaranteeing a loan to your company and the lender requires you to obtain independent legal advice in your personal capacity.
- You may have agreed to leave your current employment and your employer has agreed to pay you a lump sum to do so, but they require that you sign a ‘settlement agreement’ with the benefit of legal advice before they make payment.
- Some documents need to be signed in front of a solicitor, an employer or a bank may require that you provide ‘certified’ copies of your ID or your might need to make a statement under oath such as confirming that you have had the right to use an accessway for a certain period of time.
These are all services that Osmond & Osmond routinely provide to clients in and around London, we can often see you the same day or on short notice and our fees for providing these services are competitive and made clear to you as soon as you make contact with the firm.
If you need any of the above services please do not hesitate to get in touch.