Katie joined Osmond & Osmond in 2005 and qualified with the firm in 2007.
Katie has extensive knowledge and experience advising on a wide range of disputes acting for both companies and individuals. Katie has acted in a wide range of high value complex claims and has operated within all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
She has particular experience in advising on contractual disputes, claims for urgent injunctions and multi-million pound debt recovery.
Katie’s experience also extends to conducting a range of interim applications such as security for costs, freezing orders and summary judgements. Katie’s dispute resolution experience spans both the High Court and County Court.
Katie has acted for many years on behalf of insolvency practitioners, private and individuals in contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. She advises on all aspects of claims brought by insolvency practitioners including transactions at an under value, voidable preference, wrongful and fraudulent trading and breach of duty.
Katie has acted for numerous high-net worth individuals in relation to complex financial claims upon divorce and TOLATA claims in the domestic context. She has dealt with cases where marital assets are located in a variety of jurisdictions as well as dealing with disputed valuations of businesses and assets.
In relation to children, Katie has represented parents in complex Children Act disputes as well as preparing parenting plans and advising in relation to mediation. Being a mother herself Katie has a great empathy for her clients in relation to any issues relating to children.
Katie favours a practical and pragmatic approach to resolving difficult and emotional disputes. She is known by clients for being empathetic and approachable.
Katie can be contacted on 020 7583 3434 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Work highlights
- Defending an off-shore British Virgin Island Company against a billionaire business tycoon in relation to a highly complex multi-jurisdictional claim for negligence. The case involved contracts worth over US $100 million dollars. This case was successfully settled through ADR prior to trial.
- Defending a multi-million pound world-wide freezing injunction application at the High Court involving numerous foreign bank accounts.
- Acting for a high flying Dubai based banker who was receiving an annual salary of over £4 million in relation to their divorce settlement. The settlement was successfully agreed outside Court.
- Representing a father in relation to Children Act proceedings and successfully obtained a favourable Child Arrangement Order for him which over doubled the amount of time he was able to spend with his children.
- MA Hons in Geography, The University of Cambridge (Homerton College) 2002
- GDL Nottingham Law School 2003-2004
- LPC The University of Law 2004-2005
- Qualified as a Solicitor in September 2007
- Member of Resolution the Association of Family Lawyers
- London Solicitors Litigation Association Member (LSLA)
- Member of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Member of the Law Society Women’s Lawyers Division