Josie joined Osmond & Osmond in 2017 as a trainee and qualified as a solicitor with the firm in 2019. She works in the Family Department.
Josie works hard to secure the best possible result on a range of family matters, including; Separation; Divorce; Financial Relief; Private Children Act Matters and Domestic Violence Issues.
She has experience helping clients to resolve difficult and sensitive issues that occur as the result of a relationship breakdown, conducting matters in a constructive and non-confrontational manner.
Josie also assists in the Dispute Resolution department, having advised on a range of civil disputes from professional negligence to defamation. She acts for individuals and enjoys guiding her clients through the court process.
In her spare time Josie enjoys reading old classic novels and discovering new bands. She is also a keen musician and enjoys playing when time allows.
Recent Work Highlights
- Represented a father in relation to Children Act proceedings and successfully obtained a favourable Child Arrangements Order which more than doubled the amount of time he was able to spend with his children.
- Successfully obtained a Non-Molestation Order following an emergency hearing, which is an Order aiming to prevent abusive behaviour and requires one party to stop harassing the other. A Non-Molestation Order can also apply to any children that a victim may have.
- Successfully reaching a constructive agreement with regards to divorce proceedings following difficult and highly emotive negotiations.
- LLB Law, University of Sheffield
- LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice, University of Law
- Qualified as a Solicitor in September 2019
- Member of Resolution the Association of Family Lawyers
Josie can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org